Learning Skills Focus Chart
CRICOS Code 055132M
Course length: 10 – 20 weeks
IELTS preparation is a specialist course which is designed to prepare students for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The IELTS test is an internationally recognised tertiary entry English language qualification. A score of 5.5 on the IELTS test (alongside a range of alternative qualifications) is a prerequisite for entry to many Vocational Courses and to specialist EAP courses leading to University study.
Students should already have obtained an intermediate level of English to be accepted for this course. All students will be tested before entry. Students receive 20 course hours as face to face teaching weekly.
• Spesialised preparation designed to develop IELTS skills
• Introduction of task types required by the test
• Development of macro skills towards each subtest
• Opportunities for practice alongside skill building
• Action planning approach to self study to allow for diversity