Your social life is an important part of your time with us.
At Canterbury Language Academy, we believe that cultural and social activities contribute greatly to a student’s language learning success. Our social activities give students an opportunity to practice English in real situations, experience Australian culture and make many new friends in the school from around the world and socially in Australia.
The leisure, sports and social activities are selected on the basis of providing a program with the widest possible appeal to the majority of students, both during the day and in the evenings. Every week our dedicated social program coordinator plans a selection of sporting, sightseeing, cultural and social events and activities. Some of the events and activities are free of charge and others incur an entrance fee.
• Excursions to places of interest in and around Sydney.
• Curriculum based Excursions, such as trips to the State Library/Universities for EAP classes or Topic-based excursions for General English.
• Weekend trips outside Sydney. (The Blue Mountains, The Snowy Mountains, The Hunter Valley)
• Parties, Thursday movie nights on in the Lounge room, quiz nights and End of Curriculum FREE Barbecues.
• Sports events like soccer, volleyball, swimming and tennis.
These are planned in advanced so students have every possibility to attend and have great weekends, especially in the first few weeks when the students have few contacts and friends outside of CLA itself.